Thursday, April 23, 2009

The life & times of Emily's iPods

iPod #1: My senior year of high school, my parents bought me an old-school (well, I suppose it wasn't old-school at the time) iPod, for which I was very grateful. It lasted the longest of my iPods to date, and was filled with lots of upbeat yet illegally-downloaded music. However, at the end of my sophomore year after my first Europe stint, I decided to upgrade to a slimmer version and gave my original iPod away to a fellow impecunious student (aren't I magnanimous?)
Birth: April 2004
Death: April 2006


iPod #2: Ah yes, "blacky" as I like to call him. Oh the good times we had: running (actually it was walk slash jogging, let's be honest), weltering and gamboling in the sun and summer car listening. 'Twas a halcyon summer, indeed. Until a certain individual* happened to murder blacky in cold blood!!! Ok, fine it was an "accident" where said person "rolled" over and "accidentally" "broke" blacky's "screen." Luckily he was revived after an emergency trip to the iPod doctor, only to have me lose him a little later.
Birth: August2006
Death: March 2007

iPod #3 aka "Baby Hermes": My sweet baby! This was actually a free iPod that came with my MacBook, but I my love for him was equal to millions of dollars. Baby Hermes was especially fun because I could watch episodes of The Office on him! Plus he had 3 gigabytes (well, I actually only ever used like less than 1, but it was nice to know it was there). Alas, he was left alone and cold one day at the gym, never to return home to his mama. If only I knew where he was now... I hope he is enjoying his new home.

Birth: August 2008
Death: October 2008


iPod #4: Richie Jr.: After hearing my sob stories of iPods past, my wonderful husband gave me his iPod (also partially because he got an iPod touch for Christmas and didn't need it anymore). We had an immediate bond, but alas, this relationship too was doomed when I (again) left him at a gym. Bye bye Richie Jr.
Birth: December 2008
Death: April 2008

iPod #5: Shuffle City: Which brings me to present. Due to my... uh, bad history of losing/killing iPods, I decided to get a cheap-o one. Enter the First Generation ipod Shuffle that I got for $10 (with running band and cord!) off of Craigslist last night.
Birth: April 22, 2009
Death: TBA

*Identities have been removed to prevent opprobrium, but I assure you this was a real person who is not me.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Congrats. May you have a long and happy life together.

Kody and Katie said...

Em! You gotta take better care of those!! haha! Good luck with this one!

Bethany said...

Excellent use of GRE words, but I cannot believe you left 2 ipods at the gym. Dude, Emmers. Fun post though :)

Britni said...

Hmm okay so I'm not getting you anything that you take to the gym for your birthday. Awesome that you got one for so cheap though

jennybhill said...

Your ipod is dead. Long live your ipod!