Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some Life Updates

Can you believe we're already into April? The months seem to fly by here, although we are still waiting for spring to come. April seems to be a month full of chicanery, with one beautiful day and then several rainy and windy days immediately following. I guess we will look back on these days with fondness as the summer will surely desiccate the beautiful grass and trees we see everywhere now!

It's finals time again for Richard, which means late nights and early mornings of studying to ensure that he is not abased when grades come out. As soon as that is over, he will be interning with a judge here in Fairfax for a couple of months, and then interning at the Virginia Supreme Court for the rest of the summer. We just got a letter in the mail telling Richard he will need to take an oath promising decorous behavior during his duties as intern... very official!

Next year he will be secretary for GMU's J. Reuben Clark Law Society, treasurer for the Student Bar Association, on a law journal, working for the library, on In Of Court (law fraternity, basically), and Trial Advocacy (hopefully). Basically, I do not plan on seeing him for a year... so maybe I'll come visit all of you!

I'm still at my job, and still really liking it, although visions of graduate school dance in my head. I'm hoping that this desire doesn't accidentally prove deleterious to my job performance, but honestly I'm just happy to have a job right now so I won't be a boor and complain about anything. Another nice benefit of working, which forces me to slightly demur about going back to school, is that we are slowly but surely amortizing our law school student debt.

Some fun summer trips: a weekend in Seattle, Bylund Family Reunion in Pennsylvania, a week at Lake Powell with the Petersons and a few day trips to Pilly and Baltimore. Riding through the declivities of Virginia will be fun, too!

(PS- Okay, fine this was a semi-fake post so I could use some GRE words in context. Please don't form a cabal and overthrow this blog!)

7 comments:

Katie said...

haha! i was able to understand most of the words! I certainly recognized them all! too funny.

jennybhill said...

It just reminded me of Mrs. Delman and VE (you took that, right?). Nice update!

Kristen said...

I was about to ask if you had a "Word of the Day" calendar.

Britni said...

We can be friends all this month and next year because I don't plan on seeing Richie a whole lot either. Let's definitely hang out.

esmiley said...

Your felicitous grandiloquence precludes deprication.

We would love to have you come visit us as well!

Richard Peterson said...

Nice diction!!

Bethany said...

Yeah.. I went to dictionary.com for "chicanery" then just gave up when I figured this was a thing. I see the GRE prep is going well. :)