Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sophia Tries to Kill Emily on Several Occasions, Fails

Richard must really love me for still letting me drive our BMW, Sophia. The following things have happened in the 6 months that I have been driving the car:


(1) It got broken into and our GPS stolen off the streets of Harlem

(2) The transmission overheated in Middle of Nowhere, New Jersey

(3) I got a ticket for HOV-exit (yes, still bitter)

(4) I got a flat tire on Monday. During rush hour. On the GW Parkway. With no shoulder. Also, our spare tire was flat and the car had to be towed.

(5) Yesterday, on the way home, a car hit me pretty hard from behind while I was waiting to turn right.

Anyway. I vote that I never drive again! Unfortuantely, I have to drive the whole month of December because Richard is staying at the law school every day until about 10 p.m.

I hope I live to see 2009!!!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm sorry Emily! It sounds like you have had pretty bad luck. What ever happened to Octavia, the scooter?

Kody and Katie said...

Sad! That's a lot that has happened! Since when did you get a BMW and not have enough money to come to my wedding???? huh? huh? jk :-) but seriously :)

Emily said...

Haha. The car was given to us by Richard's parents! Believe me, we are poor :D

Bethany said...

!!! Wow. That's pretty crazy. Maybe the GPS and the beemer are conspiring against you.

p.s. love the title

jennybhill said...

Goodness Emily. I hope you are okay from yesterday's accident. How did this Sophia get her name? I think it means wisdom, but she doesn't sound like quite the sage, old car after all.

Lincolnlogger said...

The car does not seem to be the only constant involved...

We need independent testing of you and the car to see which is really the culprit.

Nana said...

Yipes, Emily. Did you get hurt?? Are cars out to get you? Remember Swiper and Veet incidents? My prediction is your car bad luck has finally expired.