Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reflections of Christ

I love the Christmas season. Even though we don't have a Christmas tree, snow or decorations, I have been on a Christmas music only diet while in the car.

The best thing that got me in the Christmas mood was going to the Reflections of Christ exhibit (twice!) at the LDS Visitor's Center by the DC Temple. The photos are taken to reflect different parts of Christ's life, and they are absolutely stunning in person. It is a traveling exhition, so if it makes its way near your hometown, I highly recommend going. I think it's gonig to Australia next? (Carma, you just missed it!)

My favorite one -- at the moment -- is the first picture of all of the angels announcing Christ's birth. I was thinking of putting that picture up in a baby room some day (not an announcement). I love looking at their expressions. Also, one of the angels is the splitting image of my friend's roommate Ann.


3 comments:

jennybhill said...

Thanks for the post. Spencer liked the video (and it's a nice change from Anita Renfro's Momsense song that he asks for everyday). That's a nice compliment for your friend's roommate, and nice that you changed it from "spitting image" :)

Bethany said...

it's funny -- i've seen a post like this before...

Mom said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. I hope it comes to Omaha. It was great to go to the W. visitor's center with you!