Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mid-Year Resolutions

Ok, it's almost been 6 months since we all made our new year resolutions... who remembers what they resolved to do? Not me! So I'm going to make this more manageable for myself and make resolutions for the next 6 months. Inspiration: Britni's goals that she blogged about this morning!

Mid Year Resolutions:

1. Take/Rock the GRE: I know what you’re thinking – haven’t you been studying for like… forever? And the answer is yes, but I keep on taking month-long study breaks because I haven’t had a goal date to take it. I hereby resolve to take it by the end of the year to make sure I stick to it.

2. Run a half-marathon: Specifically, the Baltimore Half Marathon on October 10th (Happy pre-Birthday to me!) with Richie and our friend Britni.



3. Read at least one good book a month: Including but not limited to the following: John Adams, Les Miserables (abridged version… sorry Hugo), Team of Rivals, Walden by Thoreau.

4. Keep a $40/week household budget: Couponing is the key to this! And yes, I still love it!

5. Become proficient* in sewing: To do this, I’m going to start attending the ward’s monthly sewing club to glean information from the awesome sewing queens that surround me. I already have some fun beginner projects in mind, including this adorable scrap-pieced baby bib… good thing everyone and their dog is preggers right now!



6. Make 3 homemade meals per week: I’ve learned that the easiest way to do this is by cooking on Sunday and then making two additional meals that I can freeze and reheat when I get home from work during the week.

7. Set aside at least $500/month to pay back law school student loans: Blahhhh, I don’t like this one. But it must be done.

8. Take fun vacays to Gettysburg, Salt Lake/Lake Powell, Miami, Baltimore and Omaha: Who says you can’t have fun resolutions?



9. Go through all of my stuff and get rid of anything I don't need or use: Taken from Britni’s list -- awesome idea.

10. Make sure I tell the hubs I love him at least once every day: Corny, sorry. But it’s important!
*Proficient = able to do all three of the following: basic mending of clothes (hemming, etc.); make matching Christmas PJs for Richie and I, and make several of the cute bibs mentioned above!

5 comments:

Katie said...

You inspire me ... I'm jealous ... you're running, being thrifty, being domestic, and more. I may have to make a list of my own to get my butt in gear!

jennybhill said...

Good resolutions! If you ever want even more inspiration, I suggest listening to:
"Resolutions"
Christensen, Joe J.
January 09, 1994
(you can download it from speeches.byu.edu)

Britni said...

You know the funniest part of this, I read the half-marathon goal about running with Richie and Britni and I automatically thought you had convinced my husband to run :) Too bad you were talking about your husband. I'm more than happy to help you get rid of stuff this weekend- I'm definitely going to the swap Friday night to donate and Sat morning to get stuff. Let me know if you want to come.

Mom said...

Great, Emily. I need to enlist your help in #9. I've always had troule with this one. Great goals. You rock, Emily!

Michelle said...

I fully support you in making a cute bib for my baby! (And in your other goals, too)