Thursday, June 25, 2009

"I want to go to there." -Liz Lemon

Sometimes, Richie and I like to go driving around our neighborhood to learn more about the cool side roads and parks of Virginia. One Sunday, we decided to pack up some oatmeal creme pies and head out to explore the area surrounding the Fairfax courthouse, where Richie used to intern.

Imagine our surprise when we happen to come across a Zion Road! Being Sunday and all, we decided it was probably a good idea to drive around in that area, and not too much longer we ended up on Hill Cumorah Drive! What are the chances?? There are exactly 3 houses on this street, and I hope that when it comes time for us to buy a house, one of these will go up for sale, so I can say things like "take a right off of Zion St. and then a right on Hill Cumorah Drive and we are the first house on the left."
For those of you who don't know why I find this exciting, check out: http://www.hillcumorah.org/
For those of you who don't understand the title, check out: www.nbc.com/30_Rock/




6 comments:

Richard Peterson said...

Virginians get a little piece of New York!

jennybhill said...

I imagine you singing, "Come to Zion, Come to Zion..."

I love it when you include your handwritten graphics on your pictures. It always makes me think of your Sarah Palin photo :)

Opa said...

Wow, you have such good blogs. Don't you just wonder how it got named Hill Cumorah Drive? Maybe one of the residents has an idea..

Opa said...

Previous comment was from mom, not dad..........

Bethany said...

Hahahaha awesome.

Rachey said...

Yay for blogstalking! That is so random that there is a neighborhood with both of the street names! I would really like to know the story behind that...