Monday, June 15, 2009

Bodies = Amazing

Over the past few months, I've been increasingly amazed at how quickly our bodies develop and adapt to new situations, and basically just how amazing they are.

At church, I teach - mostly play - in the junior nursery (18 months until the end of the calendar year), and I am amazed at how much my adorable little kiddos have grown over the past 6 months. In January, none of them could talk, they would cry a lot and steal things from each other. Just yesterday, I noticed how they are all talking now (including their "please"s and "thank you"s!), playing with each other and basically just growing up and maturing. It's been so much fun to watch them each week during this really formative time and see how quickly they change!


As most of you know, I've also been getting into running lately and ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k on June 6 and the Lawyer Have Heart 10k last Saturday (finished in just over an hour!). I actually only started running consistently in April, which means in about 3 months, I've increased my running ability from a half mile (literally) to the 6.2 that I just ran.

I really do think that one of the best things in life is looking back to see how far you've come in anything, and it's been really fun to track my progress in running. My next goal is to do the Baltimore Half Marathon in October! Wish me luck :)

3 comments:

R and M said...

Good luck and congrats on the 10k!

I love seeing the kids grow up in nursery too...I talk to Ryan about it every Sunday. It's amazing!

Opa said...

Good luck with preparing for the Baltimore Half Marathon in October! I'll train with you in Gettysburg, as long as I can rent a bike.

Mom said...

Loved your comments. Nursery is great, isn't it. I subbed a couple of weeks ago, and altho it's harder to get up off the floor than it used it be, it's still so funl.