Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Snaps for marketable skills!

Horraaaayyy!  
I have a job!!!!

After months (years?) of unnecessary worrying that I wouldn't actually be able to get a job offer after graduating and be doomed to a life of intern-ness, I was offered a job as a PR/Marketing Coordinator at Kimpton Hotels today.  I tried to play it cool on the phone when she offered it to me, but I am SOO excited!  Can you have your dream job right out of college?  Because (minus the entry-level pay) this sounds like everything I love doing.  Here are 5 reasons why I love Kimpton Hotels/ my future job:


5. They are a luxury boutique chain, meaning that each hotel has its own unique feel to it.  It's not like a chain Marriott or Hilton where every room/hotel is exactly the same.

4.  They keep Chi hair straighteners and blow dryers at the front desk of all of their hotels in case you forget to bring yours when you stay there (or come to work).  Talk about a girl's best friend.

3. I basically get to work ON capital hill (I am "stationed" at Hotel George, pictured below) without having to do all that political stuff.


2.  They do a lot of community outreach and plan a lot of special events for non-profits in the area in the hotels.  Even better- I am the one who gets to plan most of it!!

1. Two words:  family discounts!

I start a week from today--what a relief to have income to off-set Richard's law school debts! More information to come once I actually start working...


12 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats! Looks very Posh~~
Love, Aunty B~

Carma said...

Yay for you!!!

esmiley said...

Congrats! How exciting! Maybe Kevin and I finally will take that trip to DC I was dying to take LAST time we lived in Rochester...because now we know someone with accomdation connections!!!

jennybhill said...

Emily, congratulations! It sounds fabulous.

Bethany said...

do i count as family? please oh please. once again, your job sounds freaking awesome. so so excited for you!

Sarah T. said...

Congrats Emily!

That's so awesome, I'm so glad you got a job you are excited about. I'm so jealous, I want a "real job." But rest assured I'm super excited about the mission but I'm also excited for the milestone of a "real job." Just have to wait a few more years.

Kristen said...

Congrats on the job Em! They are lucky to have you. :)

Opa said...

Do parents count as family?

Mom said...

SNAPS!! It looks like a fun place to work!

Leslie said...

Congrats Emily! That's so great!!!

Unknown said...

congrats! hook me up when i come to DC :) miss you!

Anna Hargis said...

Yay Em! That is wonderful! Be sure to write more about how it's going!