Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best Day Ever!

Yesterday was an awesome day. Here is why:

(1) I am married to Richard!

(2) My niece was born!

(3) I went to the PRSA Professional Development Board Meeting to plan out our activites for the year and managed to say several intelligent things.

(4) I pitched our Oscars Cocktail Night menu and got tons of positive responses from journalists (doesn't happen all the time!)

(5) Sarah and I spent a half-day at the spa at Lorien Hotel & Spa (opening today!) in Old Town Alexandria. They were doing a run through to prepare for opening day and needed "guinea pigs" to get massages, facials, etc. for FREE. Of course, I took one for the team and volunteered. Check out Lorien here: http://www.lorienhotelandspa.com/

(6) I got 4 Betty Crocker cookie mixes and one Betty Crocker frosting for FREE at Safeway. Check out the coupon matchups here: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2009/02/randalls-safeway-freeplusoverage-betty-crocker-cookie-mixes-and-frostings.html

(7) Lost was on! (Although, I have to admit, it wasn't my favorite episode...)

Anyway, it was just one of those days where everything goes right! Don't you love those days?

3 comments:

esmiley said...

reminds me of a favorite song, "Perfect Day"...sun's up, it's a little after 12...

Kody and Katie said...

yay for a new niece, being married and intelligent comments! I am VERY jealous of the spa day. It's rough being a guinea pig, I'm sure. I wish I had a Safeway here and I LOVE LOST! Jin is back! We don't have tv so we always watch it on Thursday nights on our computer, haha.

Britni said...

Ha doesn't sound too rough to me. I'm going to have to check out the Lorien spa one of these days. Hope we didn't make you miss too much of the Oscars. I found your blog by the way.